12 January 2009

Sick Baby

So Ellie came down with whatever I had the last week and a half. She's been sick now for 3 1/2 days and thus I've had little sleep and little time to do things such as blog. All in all, Eleanor seems to be a fairly good sick kid, she just fusses a lot more than normal and stays pretty much within reach of me at all times. I'm getting pretty tired of being quite so needed, but I guess there are many, many worse situations in life. :) Hopefully she'll be better in the next couple of days.

A couple of things happened of note over the weekend, however. First, Eleanor had her first feed herself meal. It went something like this:



She LOVED getting to feed herself. Then she went straight to the bathtub (which she also LOVES). And yes, I do realize that bananas are sticky and possibly could have fed her something else that would have cleaned up more easily, but I like to make things difficult. :) Since this incident Ellie has enjoyed eating rice crispies by herself, too. It is fascinating to watch her carefully pick up one at a time and try so hard to get it to her mouth! We're waiting on Cheerios for a while since they have wheat in them. I think I'll let her do the messy thing again this evening with sweet potatoes...

Secondly, Seth and I bought a vehical to replace his truck. We got a 1996 Jeep Cherokee that's a little beat up and very dirty, but has quite a lot of potential. Seth likes auto and mechanical projects, so he's set for quite a while now. I'm glad we now have one vehical with 4 wheel drive. We have several milestones to conquer before the Jeep will be family and highway ready, but the quest for a Jeep is now over. I'll get pics of it up here in a few days.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Welcome to the Jeep world!! Just wait until you find Jeep magazines all over your house and Seth is going... But Bethany I really need these and this for my Jeep! Then you just come to me and we can talk normal language! ; )

I don't know about you but Ellie is growing up way too fast!!

Seth said...

Lynn, there is no waiting about it. I've got so many plans for that thing, I'm in a whirlwind. Just to give you a bit of perspective, I have most of the interior out or sitting in penetrating oil to help remove the bolts tonight. Once the seats and all plastic in the Jeep are out, I'll bedline the floor and I'm looking for seats out of a different type of Jeep. Soone enough, the entire interior will be redone and I'll get to start wotking on the engine and lift. I'm still trying to get Bethany to go for the lift, but with a lift, new wheels, and meats I should be in good shape. Should I call Jesse to find out what methods of coaxing wives work best?

Bethany said...

Ahh! Lynn, help! I knew it would start, but I had no idea it would start so soon!

Laura Fenske said...

Rice Krispies! What a great idea. Micah has been eating kix,and he does okay with them, but I worry about it all the time and stare at him constantly to make sure he's not choking. We tried cheerios, but he totally choked on those. I'm going to buy Rice Krispies.

Matt said...

Need Jeep pics now! :)

theSarge said...

Seth, babies are great, but Jeeps . . . . Ah Whuuuah!

Hannah said...

Let me know if you want a couple boxes of Trader Joe's O's... they don't have wheat! Also, if there is anything else you need from good ol' TJ's I'd be happy to send a package your way from time to time. Just let me know. =)