21 January 2009

Housekeeping Update

This is an FYI for those of you who were interested in the schedule or routine I came up with for my housekeeping tasks.


I found last week to be somewhat demanding in terms of housekeeping, but I do feel well caught up. It was mostly demanding because I had to make up for days/items I hadn't completed because of my previous lack of organization. I'm expecting this week to be easier, especially as I get into the routine. I'll give you another update after I've worked with the schedule for a week or two.


Here's my projected schedule:


DAILY
sweep upstairs
quick mop upstairs (Swiffer)
load & unload dishwasher
make bed

vacuum living room
sort mail
pick up odds & ends

MONDAY
clean bedroom
clothes laundry
cat box
pay bills/file
garbage out

TUESDAY
clean out refrigerator
diaper laundry
clean Ellie's room

WEDNESDAY
plan menu for the week
vacuum stairs
clean sliding glass window

THURSDAY
take recycling out
grocery shopping
water plants
bedding & towels laundry

FRIDAY
clean bathroom(s) (downstairs every other week)
diaper laundry
cat box
mop upstairs

SATURDAY
dust
sweep downstairs
mop downstairs
clean sliding glass window

SUNDAY
rest


I have yet to figure out how to add in those monthly/biweekly chores I tend to forget about until they are disgustingly dirty... like cleaning the oven and wiping down the washer and dryer.

1 comment:

Laura Fenske said...

I love that your bi-weekly/monthly chores are my yearly/when we move out chores.