27 January 2009

Finally I Got Some Gumption

Okay. So I don't usually post "all about me" posts... but this one is going to be. I'm super proud of myself. I finally went running... outside... who cares that it was 15 degrees!

The pros:
Running again felt awesome
I realized running in the snow, cold and wind is doable
The sky just before and just after sunset was gorgeous
Geese
Frozen ponds
My clothes were actually warm enough (after one attempt around the block and back inside for an additional layer)
Yak Traks

The cons:
It was more of a shuffle than a run
I hate my hands being cold
Clambering up snow banks on the side of the road every time a car came along really started to kill my ankles after a while
I definitely have to either wake up before the crack of dawn to do this before Ellie wakes up or have to wait until Seth gets home in the evening
I'm not sure I can handle anything much colder... and I think 15 was one of the highs this week

Anyway, I mostly had to post this because I need the reminder that I can do it. Hopefully I'll keep it up. I just can't wait for spring to roll around!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Way to go!!! That is awesome Bethany!!! Man I do not do well running outside, even when it isn't very cold at all - my ears literally ache! But I'm so happy for you - I'm sure it was great!