21 January 2009

Back in Business

So, yesterday I taught my first piano lesson here in Sheridan. As I've prepared to start teaching again a lot of doubts and little fears crept up and I realized I haven't taught a lesson for over a year and a half! But, as soon as I sat down to collect all the needed materials for a first lesson and actually planned out the time itself I felt great. It was actually really engergizing to engage with helping someone learn to love the piano. I started the lesson plan and just couldn't quit - I kept planning and planning - and then I found myself waking in the middle of the night with other ideas for older students...

Anyway, the lesson was a bit chaotic since it involved a 5 year old, 4 year old and an 8 month old, not to mention 2 mothers. :) But, all in all, it went well and I'm looking forward to next week. Eleanor fell while pulling up on the piano bench and bashed her face in the middle of the lesson... so I might just be looking a bit harder for a childcare solution sooner than I thought.

Since I found myself happy again doing this, I think I'll start to work harder at advertising. It's the networking and advertising that is the most energy draining for me... but it'll get me back in business.

1 comment:

arturlington said...

let me know- Kayli can help too!