13 November 2008

The Zen of Painting

Last night I was painting in our basement (pictures to follow quite a long time from now) and found myself finally relaxing after a couple of hard days with Ellie. Painting has felt quite time consuming, frustrating and messy with Eleanor in the picture - but when she goes to bed I find the space I used to love so much. Hopefully soon our basement bedroom and bathroom will be painted and feel like usable, clean spaces. Too bad I'll have to wait until midnight tonight to continue working on them...

Seth's parents visited us here in Sheridan back in the middle of November. We had a great time with them and really enjoyed their visit. During that time, Seth's dad, Jon, blessed us with his painting skills. He likes to paint (and does a wonderful job), so we put him to work. He also mentioned that painting is sort of a Zen-like experience for him... at the time I had forgotten my love for painting and thought he was mildly crazy. :) Now I remember... and understand.

So, Jon helped us get our bathroom and living room painted. Since then I've put most of the finishing touches on the bathroom and worked a whole lot on the living room, but haven't quite finished it yet. Hopefully I'll have living room pictures for you all here soon. Here's the upstairs bathroom, though:


Before:

After:

1 comment:

Katie said...

another great color. you've really done a great job (w/the help of your father in law):) thanks for all the pics. I really love what you've done.
that dreamcatcher that the previous owners had would work perfect in that bathroom by the way...I hope they left it for you!!! HAHAHAHAAA