11 November 2008

More Makeover Madness

The changes around our house seem to happen daily, but at the same time, it is feeling like it takes forever for projects to get completed... probably a month or so ago I finished our hallway and dining room. This was the hardest space for me to plan so far. It was hard because both spaces are very transitional. The dining room is seen from the entry way and living room as well as the kitchen. The hallway obviously leads us into the bathroom and bedrooms.

Anyway, I finally decided on a creamish-ivory tone for the walls with a faux sponge finish over the top using the color I picked for the living room. Then I painted a canvas using the kitchen color and living room color as well as several brown shades in between the two. I also painted our dining room chairs using one shade darker than the kitchen walls with the decorative back spokes in the living room and kitchen colors. I added a couple of other canvases covered with fabric I used in the kitchen. I plan to eventually make some pillows for the living room using the same fabric.

All in all, I'm happy with the result. I have to say, it was all a lot more work than I really wanted during this moving process, but I hope we'll like it well enough to keep it like this for a long time.

Before:

And After:

2 comments:

Katie said...

Beth it looks wonderful. Your home looks so inviting and cozy. I love what you've done. Give yourself a big pat on the back:)

Anonymous said...

Bethany- The house looks great and Ellie is really getting big!! Glad things are going well there, I sure do miss the mountains. Kelly