04 November 2008

So You Can Imagine...

us in our space.

My mom, as well as others recently, has voiced that she likes to be able to imagine us in our home and in our town. I guess I hadn't really thought about it in that I automatically do imagine my family in their homes. But, since we live far away now and many of you haven't had a chance to visit us and to see our new home (hopefully you will someday - we live close to Yellowstone!), I thought I'd begin posting some pictures of our new place. This will definitely have to be a series, but I'll try to keep the pictures and anecdotes coming.

So, we'll start where I began the painting, decorating and arranging: Ellie's room. It was important to me to have at least one space in our home completely put together, organized and decorated quickly. I chose Ellie's room because it was the room that needed new paint the most and because we spend so much time nursing, changing and rocking there.

In September Ellie and I went out to the Seattle area for my brother, Anthony's wedding. After the wedding, we picked up my piano from storage in Portland, some other things we had in storage, boxes from my parent's house and new furniture I purchased. My dad then helped us move it out here to Wyoming. Dad then stayed for a couple of days and helped us unload the truck, arrange furniture and paint Eleanor's room. It was wonderful to have the help - especially a driver for the UHaul - and wonderful to have someone with which to paint. We had to do a coat of primer because the room was a bold blue/purple color as well as the coat of new color. With the two of us, it all went really quickly.

So, here are some "before" pictures:


And here's the end result:

I love how it all turned out and I love it that Eleanor now has a place of her own to sleep. (What I don't know is why this picture refuses to load itself right side up!)

No comments: