18 November 2008

Bedroom Bliss

I feel like it has been months since I said, "Our bedroom is really close to being done. I think my goal by the end of the day is to have it finished. Then all we'll have is the living room to really work on upstairs." Yeah right. Close to finished? Well, finally, it is done. Actually, it's almost done. I have yet to hang the long mirror that is propped up against Seth's closet wall... maybe in another month... :)

So, here are a few "before pictures." In some ways, they aren't really fair to the before room because all our junk was in the room, but just thrown there for storage and basic living. This is the only room in the house that I elected not to paint. At first I had grand hopes of painting it a pretty silvery-gray blue. Then I got sick of painting and decided the beige was actually fine and I could just decorate with blue and silver to get my desired feel. I'm pretty happy with the finished result. I still have days, however, where I think I might just pull everything away from the walls and start painting...

Also, this room used to be two small bedrooms. Somewhere during the house's 50 year life-time someone decided to knock out the wall between the two. Thus, we have one giant bedroom. Seth and I really like our big space, but it did pose a bit of an organizational problem - what do we do with most of the 2nd bedroom's space? The previous owners had that part of the room set up as an office and TV space. I personally don't allow TV in the bedroom and didn't really want to look at a desk from the bed, so that idea was scratched early. Eventually, we decided to use our "cube" as a room divider so I can have a craft and sewing space under the big window. This is great and I love how it turned out. I also love that I can now work on my creative stuff while Ellie naps and we're just one room from each other.

And here are the "after" pics:

5 comments:

Katie said...

First off let me just say that you are offically the blog queen of america! How many posts have you made in this month alone?! I LOVE IT!
Ok on to your room, its huge and wonderful. I am getting so many ideas from you. The whole room turned out so nice and I love your bed frame. Perfection again Beth:) I bet your loving getting to be so creative and letting that side of you come out.

I patiently wait to see what comes next on the Tippin Blog.

Bethany said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the posts, Katie. I've been wondering lately if it's a bit too much... but the blogging is helping me feel connected to all the friends and family I wish were closer and it is also keeping me motivated to finish the decorating and organizing. Silly, I know. :)

I'm not sure I deserve the title "blog queen of america," but it sure sounds nice, doesn't it? Haha.

And, thanks so much for all the positive comments about our rooms. I'm glad you like them and think the colors I've picked are warm and comforting. That's just what we were going for!

Lynn said...

Once again... love what you have done! Bethany I think you are going to be bored ;) once you have your house all finished... so come on over to Wisconsin to my house that needs lots of TLC!! I'm actually going to paint my kitchen floor this weekend! Kind of scary to paint a floor... but I'm risking it!

Natalie said...

Okay I'm with Katie and Lynn....if you get bored, please come help any time you want!! Our house is painted but we've lived here for 4 months now and I don't have a single thing on the walls...not even Allie's room! I told myself it is so wonderful to finally have color that I just wanted to enjoy the color for a while until I figure out exactly where I want to put stuff. But, 4 months is a while and I'm ready to feel all moved in and cozy. I'm glad Christmas is coming because I'm excited to decorate for that and that's when I plan to do everything else too :)

I LOVE you bedroom!! The colors are awesome and it looks so pretty and peaceful in there. Exactly how a bedroom should be. I'm with you on the no TV in the bedroom rule.

I have also enjoyed all your posts. I've been sick for the last week so I usually just read real quick and go without commenting. Seems that I don't have much to say when I'm sick. Guess I must be feeling better :)

Keep bloggin' away! We all love it :) And you've done an awesome job with your house!

Amy said...

I love how your bedroom looks. I think the things you got from Ikea look fabulous! You are inspiring me to finish decorating my house!