10 November 2008

6 Months Already!

Well, our Ellie-baby celebrated her 1/2 birthday last Saturday! Neither of us can believe she's already been around for 6 whole months. The time has definitely flown and we're having a great time.

I had hoped Seth and I could sit down together and write a fun post full of our memories of Eleanor, but life continues to move so quickly along I'm not sure we'll find the time...

When I think back over my pregnancy, I remember clearly how active our little babe was. She kicked and kicked and hiccuped the days away. We were so excited to meet our little athlete and see if he/she would in fact turn out to be a high energy kid. Well, I can't say Ellie is super high energy because she definitely has her gentle, quiet moments, but she loves hanging out with people and interacting with her world. She wiggles and squirms her way through each day, offering smiles to any animals or humans who happen to look in her direction.

It's hard to imagine just a few months ago we brought our little bundle home from the hospital in Salt Lake City. She could hold her sweet head up pretty well from the beginning, but I'm amazed at all the strength and dexterity she's developed in such a short time! From kicking to reaching and grabbing, rolling over (and over and over) to pushing herself all the way up off the floor on her hands and feet, standing on your lap and jumping to picking up tiny objects with accuracy, she seems to have grown in one huge spurt. We are enamored each and every day with her beautiful, bright smile and grateful she continues to be such a happy girl.

It seems like these days, every time I buckle her into her car seat her feet stick out farther than they did the day before, and every time I put her in her Jumpster I have to raise the seat because her feet dangle down farther. She's started to plump up a bit these days, too. We're delighted with her newly developed elbow dimples, etc.

Anyway, it sure is fun to have the opportunity to watch and love a little person as she grows. I often find myself grateful these days for the chance to be home with her all the time. Almost every day is more fun than the one before. We're looking forward to the next 6 months. :)


Newborn Ellie - 12 hours old
6 Weeks
6 Months

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm loving all your posts! Ellie is such a cutie-pie! And you are doing some amazing makeovers on your house! I love your style!