18 December 2008

Our Little Virtuoso


I began practicing the piano again a few weeks ago in order to play background Christmas solos for a MOPS gathering. Eleanor was awake for a lot of the practice and I was thrilled to find out that she actually seemed to enjoy playing around at my feet while the music was going on. She even had a few "favorite" pieces and if she started fussing I could abate the Grand Fuss for awhile if I switched to one of those pieces. She would start gibbering away, smiling and giggling if I played Patapan.

Part of this greater introduction to live music also involved an inspired sense of interest in the piano itself. She now loves to sit in one's lap and pound away at the keys (really, what child doesn't?). But, she will even move her hands to where you are playing, or have just been playing, when she's really into it. So, she can be pounding away and I can get her to move up and down the keyboard by playing/pounding away with her. Pretty fun.
I just love this series of pictures! It looks like she's really into her playing - even like she's checking her music to make sure she's on track. :)




No comments: