01 December 2008

A Birthday Flashback

So, my 28th birthday was way back in the middle of October, back before we were quite settled, back before we had internet... but it really was quite a day and I'd like to remember it here on the blog.


The first little piece of information you need about my birthday is that it is at the height of autumnal glory - usually. I love orange, gold and red leaves, pumpkins, hot apple cider and crisp, clean air. And, I decided that this year I'd like to spend my birthday going to the pumpkin patch. Too bad for me, though, because it began snowing here on October 10th and continued through the 13th. Thus, no pumpkin patch for us that weekend, and it made it quite difficult for me to decide what we should do for my birthday. It has never snowed on my birthday!

Luckily, our great friends, Kayli and Amanda came to the rescue. They came over and cooked me dinner, complete with a birthday tablecloth and fabulous cake. Kayli and Seth surprised me with a special note out in the snow - wonderful, but I hope it doesn't become a tradition!






I felt very loved and remembered over this particular weekend. Thank you family for all the great cards and flowers you sent!

No comments: