27 March 2010

Pine Cones, Sticks and Hess Creek

Saturday evening, after arriving exhausted in Tigard, OR, my mom and grandmother picked Ella and I up and we all headed down to Friendsview to see the other grandparents. We enjoyed a good meal in the dining room, Eleanor ran the halls with grandpa, and I got a chance to relax and talk with the grown ups.

After dinner we decided to take a walk down in the canyon. Eleanor loved this walk. We saw all kinds of plants, got to cross the creek on bridges, she got to run, we saw the beaver dam and several beaver-felled trees, and - the highlight - Eleanor learned about dropping pinecones off of bridges and into moving water. She was enamored with the idea of collecting pinecones and throwing them in the creek.

Now, this is important for me to remember because Ella is still telling me (4/7/10) about "great grandpa," "pinecones," "sticks," "throw - splash - water." She told Daddy the other day, "Watch sticks bye-bye." I love it that Eleanor has this sweet memory of playing with her grandma and great grandfather. Hopefully we'll be able to head out and see him again soon!

No comments: