27 July 2009

What's Been Happenin'

So we've actually had quite a few fun activities lately that haven't been documented in picture, and thus, haven't gotten to the blog...

We attended the Wyo Rodeo, took a trip to the Tongue River Reservoir where Eleanor had her first lake swimming experience, and this last weekend held a garage sale with Amanda and Kayli. Now I know these don't seem like great blogging adventures when there aren't any pictures to go along, but I think we'll want to remember they happened next year (or whenever) when we look back over this summer.

Since the reservoir experience, Eleanor has been drawn to all types of water. Fun, wet and messy!

Since the garage sale I've been reorganizing the basement since we now have some much needed storage space open. I also decided a month or so ago that I needed to move all my sewing and craft stuff downstairs to allow Eleanor free reign of our bedroom... finally I've gotten the couch into our bedroom and the craft stuff sort of set up in the family room. I'm actually really excited about this new set up because I think it will allow me to do a bunch of the scrapbooking and sewing I have piling up while Seth watches TV in the evenings. Anyway... we're also trying to decide what to do with the bedroom downstairs... I'm thinking of transforming it into a play room for Eleanor which would hopefully help me on days when I need to be teaching and have someone here at the house watching Ella. We'll see.

But, that brings me to a huge part of the last few weeks. I've been considering, searching and making phone calls regarding a part-time child care thing for Eleanor 3 afternoons a week. I've gotten to the point where I'm totally overwhelmed trying to plan and execute piano lessons while having Eleanor with me. I'm also at a point where I'm missing making my own music (Ella only lets me play for 5 minutes or less at a time and she won't sleep at all with the piano being played). Anyway, right now the plan is to have a high school gal come to our house on Tuesday afternoons and then to take Eleanor to a daycare center on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. It will all total only 9 hours a week and hopefully give Eleanor some positive socialization time while giving me some space at home for music.

2 comments:

arturlington said...

So, I have pics of all but the lake. I have posted some (check my blog) and the garage sale ones will be up shortly! I really love having my family close!!!! Thanks, and here are to many more memories.

Z and Me said...

I watched 2 little boys all during high school while their mom taught piano lessons. It was really fun for all of us, I appreciated the money, and they had a set up where we had several rooms all to ourselves where we could easily keep out of their mom's hair and still play. I think having a play room is an excellent idea!