28 July 2009

Today's Great Adventure

Eleanor and I set out for our typical 6.5 mile run this morning while it was semi-cool. Apparently along the way we lost her Blanket... but didn't notice until several hours later when she needed to go down for a nap.

I panicked. Seriously, how could I have missed us dropping Blanket!? And how would we find it? What if someone had already picked it up...

Amidst all the questions I vaguely recalled a portion of our run where Eleanor was babbling a lot and I asked her why... unfortunately I couldn't recall the exact place where we were during that time.

We headed out for our second 6.5 miles of the day - backwards along the route to save my legs from the tough hills at the end - in the blazing noon sun. We asked everyone we saw if they'd seen a brightly colored baby quilt... nothing. We even stopped by the ice cream stand at the park to see if they had a lost and found...

4.5 miles into our search we saw Blanket: folded nicely on top of a park bench at the bottom of Sparrowhawk Hill. Thank goodness someone found it and had the insight to know it was important and would be looked for!

30 seconds later Ella was asleep, Blanket at her side and one of Blanket's yarn ties in her hand.

So, I'm utterly relieved that Blanket has been recovered. I'm also totally exhausted. I might have to rethink my run tomorrow morning. :)

Ella and Blanket, Reunited
Such a happy occasion!

Strangely, I think the last time I took photos of Eleanor and Blanket, she was wearing the same outfit...

3 comments:

arturlington said...

The great thing about me running with you is I alway bend down and pick stuff up (dirty binkis, toys, water bottles) and would be happy to tomorrow as well. If you are too tired, no worries!!!

Lynn said...

My sister's little guy can't go with out his blanket either... except it is a Target blanket and she has like 4, literally! And her babysitter just got new rules from the state that she CAN'T let him sleep with a blanket until he is one! My sister said, good luck - he isn't going to sleep! But she can get a Dr. note that says he must sleep with a blanket and then the sitter can let him sleep with it. (So stupid!)

MacKender 4 said...

O boy...
I would have gone into complete panic mode! Peyton LOVES her blankie too! As I look across the room right now she is loving on it. I am so happy that you found it!! Fewf!