30 April 2009

Sickos

So, from the looks of the blog, you'd probably say everyone looks in good spirits and good health. Unfortunately, that has not been the case this week. Seth got some nasty upper respiratory thing going on over the weekend and Ellie came down with a 103 fever very, very early Monday morning. She's been battling the fever and a cough ever since. I took her to the doctor yesterday and she said El's got an ear infection along with this upper respiratory virusy thing. We've pretty much holed up for the week - even the weather's been kinda nasty - and are determined to get through this. I haven't slept well since Saturday night, so I'm hoping I won't get this bug next... and I'm working very hard today to keep my frustration level down and my patience up.

Eleanor and I tried to take a walk with our neighbor this morning and it quickly turned into tears and a refusal to stay in her stroller. So, I carried her, about a mile home. Miserable. Once we returned home it took me about half and hour to get her settled down. I don't think we'll try to go out again today. Unfortunate for my running, hopefully the best thing for Eleanor.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Sorry about Seth and Ellie being sick. Every time one of us here is sick it makes me so thankful for the times when we're in good health! Allison just got over an ear infection too and her fever got as high as 105 once...so scary to see that. I take her back on Tuesday to make sure she's all good. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for Seth and Ellie and that you can stay strong and healthy.