15 July 2010

Playing "Plano"

Eleanor watches the piano lessons Mommy gives fairly intently. I was under the impression that she really just played with the other kids that are generally around during lessons, but she actually pays quite a lot of attention... This translates into a desire to "play plano" a lot, especially with "music books" up on the music stand. It also means she knows there is a prize box that is "only for piano students." Of course, that means she really needs to have "plano lessons!"
The last time I sat down with her for Eleanor's "plano lesson" she informed me that we needed to practice the "Engine Song." This particular song goes like this:
"Big Red Engine racing down the track choo choo choo we'll be right back!"
On the choo choos students "squish" a low set of 3 black keys together 3 times. Well, apparently Ella has heard this song enough times to tell me I needed to play my part and sang and squished her part right along at the correct time! She's still a bit shaky on the concept of 2 and 3 black key groups, but she got the low/high thing and the placement in the song. I was impressed.
Hopefully this exposure to music will help her later in life - I hope she'll always like it.

No comments: