13 July 2010

Painting with Friends

From the 2nd week of June:

Just after Grandma Tippin left from her visit, Eleanor and I had 3 very fun visitors for the week. My friend Katie was out of town on work and needed childcare for her girls, so we enjoyed a full house for a while. We took trips to the parks, played in the fountain, ate ice cream, painted, took walks and were just generally girls. It was a great week (although I was exhausted by the time it ended!).

One of the super fun projects we worked on was painting some large canvases for Eleanor's new Big Girl Room. I knew we needed something fun for the older girls to do while the younger ones took their naps throughout the week and I definitely needed some bright colored decorations for the new kids room. The first afternoon, Kiley and McKinley and I spent a lot of time at the kitchen table with paper, pencils and markers doing some planning and brainstorming of ideas. The session went great! I was so impressed with their creativity and ideas.
The next morning we let the littler girls help us paint the backgrounds...
and got very messy...

Then the next day we painted the main pictures with acrylic paints during nap time. The finished products are amazing! Again, I was so impressed. I am very excited to get these hung and take more pictures of our finished products.

That day for lunch we also had cherry/strawberry smoothies... and Eleanor decided to wear quite a bit of hers.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I love your projects can't wait to see the final outcome!!