22 July 2010

A Big Girl Room!





When my parents were here (back at the end of June) they helped me move all of Ella's furniture into the "big bedroom" and some of our furniture into Ella's old room. This has effectively created Ella's new Big Girl Room and a tiny little cozy room for Mom and Dad. Of course, Ella will soon be sharing her room with another little kiddo, but for now, we're celebrating it as a room just for her.
Ella loves her new Big Girl Bed and gets to take naps on it, but she still sleeps in the crib at bedtime. We're not wanting her to feel pushed out of her crib when Baby comes... and I think this technique is working well. Baby may spend some time in the beginning squished into the little room with Mom and Dad anyway.
I'm very happy with the way this room turned out. I love the bright colors and decorations. I love that my living room is no longer being taken over by mounds and mounds of toys... and I love that Eleanor loves it. She gets really excited to show people her Big Girl Room when they visit our house. It will be fun to see how the room morphs when we introduce child #2 into the mix...
And the canvas paintings you see on the walls (moon and stars over the crib, bright colored flower and handprints over Ella's bed) are the ones I did with McKinley, Kiley, Avery and Eleanor. Eleanor was very excited to hang them up! Thanks again guys for helping us decorate!

1 comment:

arturlington said...

I love the big girl room! I love it even more after you added the pictures and wall stickers! I love your style. New Baby Tippin will love it too!