09 July 2010

28 Weeks

Gestational Age: 28 weeks, 2 days
Weight Gain: 2 lbs
Blood Pressure: 114/63
Fetal Heartrate: 140 BPM
Fundal Height: 28 cm

This appointment was much needed! I was having a very rough week - having lots of contractions already, needing way more rest than usual, generally feeling strange and uncomfortable, spotting - so seeing the doctor could hardly have come sooner. Happily, however, the time I took to rest seems to be just what my body needed. Things are checking out just great, Baby sounds and feels good and I'm cleared once again to get back to my running/walking/housekeeping activinties.

This last month I finally started to feel pregnant - really pregnant. I'm happy about that, since it obviously means Baby is growing and growing appropriately, but it is also pretty uncomfortable in the Wyoming heat. I took a fun trip with Amanda last week up to Billings to get stocked up on some cute summer maternity clothes and what a difference that has made! It is really important to feel comfortable and cute when your belly is overtaking your body. :)

Baby continues to be an active critter, bumping and jumping around, just like Ella. But, Baby is quite a bit more subtle than Ella ever was - or at least more... gentle? I guess my sense right now is one of a slightly calmer spirit. It is fun to begin to get a sense of this child - it's fun to have some space to spend time getting a sense of this child.

We had our first set of hiccups the other night...

I continue to crave fruit like crazy and I'm enjoying my fresh CSA vegetables emmensely. I'm doing a great job of staying away from gluten, dairy and refined sugars. I've eaten quite a few steaks lately and let me tell you - beef never quite tastes as good as when I'm pregnant!

Baby and I decided to have a couple little dates on the road this week and started up a gentle running routine again. It is great to get out in the cool of the morning and get in some exercise just the two of us. We decided to take London for her first run yesterday, too, and she did really well. Of course, she wanted us to go faster than we were planning, but her joy was fairly infectious.

Seth and I have started seriously talking about names, but continue to be seriously stumped! We're going to need some amazing inspiration here soon or Baby might really be named Baby for a while. :)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

For boys: how about Claude or Clifton... Grace loves Bruce and Randy. For girl: the standard around here is Tinkerbell. We've got you covered. =)