17 September 2010

Week 38

Gestational Age: 38 weeks, 2 days

Weight Gain: 1 lb.

Blood Pressure: ? but must be fine because there was no comment

Fetal Heartrate: 150 BPM

Fundal Height: ?



This week was much better than the last. I'm grateful to have experienced much less pain, both from general aches and a cessation of those pesky Braxton-Hicks contractions. Of course, this makes me feel like this Baby's birth is still quite a ways away, but I'm handling that truth much better at the moment (it's amazing how one's outlook changes toward the positive when one's feeling better).

Yesterday I got a serious burst of energy (it was amazing!) and cleaned the whole house. I know they talk about that happening to women just before going into labor, but I think it was just an energy burst... the strange thing was, though, it was like I was suddenly back to my normal, old, nonpregnant self. And, I must admit, I'm loving the newly cleaned and straightened environment in which we're now living.

The main thing on our agenda for this upcoming weekend is relaxation. I'm not very good at it, but I need to try!

The doctor's visit showed a little progress this week - I'm now 1 1/2 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Baby has dropped. So, things are looking good. I'm relieved something (anything) is happening and we pray even more will happen soon. :)

1 comment:

arturlington said...

Welcome Tater Tot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11