25 September 2010

Daddy




This week I've been overwhelmingly blessed by my husband, Seth Michael. I'm grateful for so much that he's done, and always does, for me and our family. Here are just a few things I especially appreciate:

*A solid and constant sense of companionship and support while I was uncomfortably pregnant and trying to stay emotionally stable during the last week of this pregnancy. Seth was always there to assure me I was doing fine, to help me calm my anxieties and let me know he was ready, too, to have Baby come into this world.

*The way Seth took control of everything as soon as I told him my water had broken on Saturday evening. He brought us all home, helped get Ella settled, cleaned the diningroom because of an unfortunate incident with London, gave London a bath, cleaned the kitchen, made sure I had food and water, packed himself a hospital bag, arranged everything in the car, fixed the infant car seat and got it installed in the car (not an easy task this time, I'm told)... and I'm sure several other things I'm unaware of. He totally allowed me the space to just be in labor - relax as much as possible and focus on my body and the Baby.

*The amazing coaching he gave me while bringing Benjamin into the world. There is absolutely NO WAY I could have gotten through labor and delivery without drugs without Seth's very active love and support. He was there every single step of the way, giving a hand or a shoulder as needed, rubbing my back, pressing pressure points, reminding me to eat and drink frequently, assisting me to and from every new position or place I needed to go. Essentially, he stayed by my side 100% of the time and did anything and everything I asked of him (plus a whole lot more). I am sure he was just as tired as I was when it was all over. I don't think he sat down or did anything except think of me and care for me from 8 pm Saturday night until 3 pm Sunday afternoon.

*For all the house cleaning and chores he's done this past week so I could simply rest, recover and snuggle with Benjamin.

*For entertaining our Big Girl while Benjamin and I focused on nursing.

*For reminding me constantly this week that I am strong, beautiful and adjusting well to our new family situation.

*For loving our children in a truly powerful way. I love to watch him giggle with Eleanor and hold Benjamin tightly to his chest.

Seth, you are a wonderful man and I am so honored to be your wife and the mother of your children. Thank you for loving us in such amazing and powerful ways. I look forward to our next week home together as a family and pray we may all settle in exceptionally, enjoy each other's company and get a whole lot of rest.

3 comments:

arturlington said...

Good job Seth! Kuddos to you many times over!

Natalie said...

This brought tears to my eyes :) Praise the Lord for supportive and doting husbands and fathers!

Unknown said...

congratulations Bethany and Seth!