08 December 2009

Community

I don't suppose this will be a very entertaining post for anyone else, but I need to record for future reference my current feelings about friends, our home and Sheridan...

For many moments over the last couple of years, we've desperately missed our families and our George Fox/North Valley/Newberg/Dundee/Piano Studio community. Now, I can't say I don't miss y'all still, or will ever stop, but I can say I'm starting to see and feel a community here in Sheridan that I appreciate, am grateful for, and would miss if we left. I am also acutely aware of my readiness to be even more involved here.

So, I guess it takes a year and 3 months to really start to feel settled in a place... just 3 months longer than we were in SLC.

Anyway, I was impressed by my feelings of being a part of community and having some good friends here when a friend called me up because she needed to head out of town to be with her father while he was in the hospital. Not only did she need the emotional/spiritual support of friends and family, but a tangible help with childcare. Thus, we had a busy, but wonderful weekend with extra girls here at our house. Eleanor loved the company and we all enjoyed so much exuberance, creativity and joy. I was deeply grateful that I was once again in a place where I have friends who know I am here to help and support in whatever ways I can - and who trust our family enough to ask.



P.S. Eleanor is sick again, so please be in prayer for her and for Seth and I to miss this one!

2 comments:

MacKender 4 said...

So glad you are feeling like you have a place! It is a good feeling to have. I was going to sign in to let you know I was happy that you were all feeling better. But, now I will have to say I will pray for you and the healing of your little one. Hope all is well soon and back to "normal". Take care.

luvmyfam33 said...

Sheridan is so lucky to have you & your family. Grateful that Seth's job brought you here.