18 May 2009

The Reason(s) We Are Blog Slackers

(At least this girl isn't afraid of shovels! Now... imagine trying to get this garden plot dug up while chasing a 1 year old back and forth from the deck stairs... I'm ALMOST finished! Meanwhile, Seth repaired our sprinkler system. Yay!)

We've also been fishing. Seth found some lakes close by with drive-up access so they are family-friendly. I think we'll be out there quite a bit through the summer.

Our weather suddenly changed from wintery-spring to summer. It is already 85 degrees this morning (10:30 am) and has been hot the last 3 days. I guess that's how it works here: we just skip the 70s. I'm hoping the garden will be all dug out by the middle of this week so I can finally get some veggies planted. I'm continually impressed at how late our average frost-free date is... May 20... and we often will still get frost into the beginning of June.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Just wait until you get snow in July and August. That's always fun. :)