05 February 2009

Thankful...

or frustrated. You choose.

Today I'm again learning a lesson from God regarding attitude, perspective and gratefulness. Our furnace went out last night - again - and our house is FREEZING cold. Of course, my first instinct was to be frustrated, annoyed and anxious about repair costs/the need to purchase a new one. But, luckily, with a little attitude adjustment I'm doing much better. Here are the things I'm thankful for today:

Our house, Eleanor, strong legs for walking and running, a beautiful, sun-shiny day (45ish degrees), a quick response by the repair man (although we still don't have heat) and the freedom to do whatever we want with our afternoon.




P.S. Happy Birthday Jeffrey!

**Update (3:15 PM): We returned from a walk to a warming house... and then the electricity shut off. I hope I'll be able to start the furnace again manually (as in banging it with a screw driver). The parts have been ordered to fix the furnace and should arrive tomorrow by noon. The repair man will be back here to install them tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

Z and Me said...

We moved into a new apartment and our furnace went on and off for about 2 weeks before they figured out what was wrong with it. I feel your frustration!!! So very cold...