11 February 2009

Finger Painting!

Ellie and I decided to finger paint... maybe next time I'll have her do this in the morning instead of right before bed. I just figured I would have to drop her in the bath tub afterward, so I waited until just before we would normally have a bath... she had a good time, but the pics make her look really serious about the whole experience. She was very tired. :)





It turned out to be a good recipe for finger paint. If you're interested:

1/4 c cornstarch

2 c cold water

Boil together until thick and creamy. Add a few drops of dish soap (for clean-up's sake). Transfer to small containers and add a few drops of food coloring. Mix until you get the colors you desire. Let cool before using.

Ellie and I painted on freezer paper because I had some left over. It worked well. I loved that she could decide to eat the paint (oh yum) and I didn't have to worry about it.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

What a fun thing to do! I haven't done this with Allie yet, mostly because of dealing with the mess. However, knowing that Ellie had fun, I think we'll have to give it a try. It's also great to know that I have a recipe that works good! Thanks for sharing :) I'll be sure to post pictures when we do it!