15 October 2009

Backyard Wildlife Take 3

So I posted about the deer yesterday morning and not 5 minutes later our next door neighbor comes knocking at our door... she says, "Look in our backyard! There are 2 big buck back there and we didn't want you guys to miss them."

So Ella and I head out to check things out and this is what we see:

Pretty cool, but they are definitely pests... so I was grateful they were next door. They bedded down back there and looked like they would stay for a while.


Ella and I then headed out for our morning activities and when we came back I sent the dog out to go potty. But she didn't really go anywhere, she just stood on the deck. So I looked up and realized the buck were in our yard, eating our very dead garden! And the roses!So I guess you can't really tell from the pictures because our camera has a good zoom on it - so the ones of the deer "far away" don't look so far away - but this last pic was really close to the house. These animals are big! I just can't imagine being this close to a moose or an elk... and I'm glad those two haven't shown up in our backyard!

3 comments:

Natasa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natasa said...

Sorry I hit the button. Fat fingers, small keys.

Get you gun! Not your camera, those deer will eat your yard up. In Seattle, they are everything.
Natasa

Seth said...

Not legal in city limits. There is restricted bow hunting in city limits but I'm afraid I'm not in the correct zone for archery. In Wyoming Rangers have more authority than police, so it is best to stay in their good graces.

s