11 October 2009

About the Beach

So, we took a 2 week "vacation" of sorts out to Oregon at the end of September. The trip was wonderful, busy and not quite long enough to fit in everything and everyone we wanted to see...

Normally I like to do things in chronological order - probably because I'm Type A, but also because it's helpful when we look back over the blog as a "scrapbook" of sorts - this time, however, the posts will show up amidst our present lives and in no particular order. Today I'm feeling wistful about our visit to the Oregon Coast, missing the fresh coolness and muted blues as I look out my window at yet more snow falling. So, here are some pictures from our first walk on the sand and Eleanor's first experience with the ocean.












This last picture is my favorite. Living in Wyoming makes me acutely miss the dampness of the ocean, the smell of salt water and the look of flushed cheeks and windblown hair that come with a fresh return from a walk on the coast.

We stayed in the Captain's Cabin at Harbor Villa (part of Twin Rocks Friends Camp) for our time at the coast. This was graciously opened to us by my brother and his wife since Jeff works at the camp. We were able to meet Daniel, our 4-month-old nephew, for the first time during our visit and enjoyed catching up with Jeff and Emily. We also were treated to fresh Pacific salmon, introduced to the Chuck-It (thanks, Owen) and played some rowdy hands of Find the Queen. Good times.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Love love love these pictures! Such sweet moments and memories! I'm so glad your back though - I was missing you guys! : )

Mom said...

What a great picture of Ellie and Twin Rocks! And I agree with your assessment of damp, windblown hair and rosy cheeks. Lovely pics. Thanks for sharing.

emily said...

It was so great to see you guys! Ella is a wonderful little girl and I look forward to the day when she and Daniel can really interact! I'm glad you enjoyed your time at the beach!