04 May 2010

Planting Seeds



A couple of weeks ago now I let Ella help me plant a set of our seed starts. It was wonderfully fun for her, slightly frustrating and stressful for me and ultimately a wonderful thing we accomplished together. Now the trays of seeds are sitting under grow lights in the basement. We have everything from tomatoes and peppers to herbs, cucumbers and beans. I was very close to having Ella help me get our peas and some lettuce planted outside at the same time as we planted these warmer weather crops inside... but the snowstorm reminds me how important it is to just stick to the general rule around here that says not to plant ANYTHING outside until Memorial Day weekend.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

We have the same rule and it is killing me. Last weekend Jesse made me new gardens. Raised ones! I can't wait!!