27 February 2010

Some Big News!

We're pregnant with Baby Number 2! Ella is very proud she will be a Big Sister. She still doesn't understand the whole process, of course, but she will randomly tell me, "Baby Mommy's tummy!"

Yesterday we had our first prenatal visit and were given an ultrasound to check everything out and be sure our dates were correct. So, here are a couple of pictures of our sweet little bean.
Gestational Age: 9 weeks, 2 days
Weight Gain: 2 lbs
Blood Pressure: 100/63
Fetal Heart Rate: 158 BPM

According to our dates, our little one is due around September 29th. He/she was measuring a few days bigger than that by ultrasound (Sept 25), but they are keeping the other as our "official" due date. Everything checked out perfectly and it was wonderful to see this little being wiggling around and to hear her/his heartbeat.

I've had a rough beginning to this pregnancy, but I'm hoping things will be looking up here in the next couple of weeks. It is especially frustrating to realize I've totally gained weight already even though I feel like I can hardly keep food down... I guess that comes with the territory, though. :)

9 comments:

Hannah said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! I am so excited that this is out in the open and I can officially be SUPER excited! We can't wait to see you guys again so we can celebrate in person.

Oh, and by the way, I think my dad sent three boxes yesterday by FedEx. They should arrive Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

sarai said...

Congratulations! Adam and I are so happy for you!

Katie said...

What joy! I too am very happy and excited for you, Seth and especially Ella, she's gonna love being a big sister. Lots of love and congrats!

Natalie said...

What exciting news!! Congratulations to all 3 of you :) I'll be praying the pregnancy gets easier for you Bethany. I'm excited for more updates as time goes along!!

Lynn said...

*scream!* I'm so excited for you guys!! Ella is going to be an awesome big sister!! : )

Amy said...

I am very excited for you guys! Hopefully things will start to get easier for you!

Julia said...

Congratulations to you guys! That is so exciting! :) We will be praying that everything goes well and that hopefully you will feel better!

MacKender 4 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting!

Laura Fenske said...

I just saw this, hooray! A huge congrats to you and Seth! I am so sorry that you have been so sick. I hope it starts to ease up soon!