12 January 2010

This is a Boo-Hoo, Woe is Me Post

You know you've been to the doctor too many times lately when the receptionists no longer ask your name. Instead they just say, "Hi. I don't imagine your address has changed? Take a seat."

Eleanor is sick again. I don't know if anyone who reads the blog really knows or understands how often she's been sick lately... and I guess it's not important. But, part of the reason I'm rarely blogging these days is because we're always either sick, have had no sleep or are recovering from being sick and having no sleep.

So, I took Ella to the Dr yesterday, again, and was there all morning. Once again they don't know what's wrong with her, but the good news is: her urine is clean, her chest x-rays were clean and her blood work is clean. She's on a new antibiotic and we're hoping it works. Otherwise I guess we have to do some allergy testing.

I'm in a place where I haven't slept well in 4 or 5 days, I haven't had any naps (because Eleanor is not napping), I'm dealing with a fussy sick kiddo, I've done everything I can think of to help her feel better and sleep better - and it's not working. Frustrating. Discouraging. Mostly I just want to cry and then sleep for a long time... too bad I don't feel comfortable having someone else watch Ella for a while so I can do that - I really don't want anyone else or their children to get sick, too.

So, I still have hundreds of Christmas clips and pics to look through and post. I also have some adorable pics of Ella and her friend, Avery, playing. Hopefully soon I'll have the time, stamina and desire to get things posted for y'all... and maybe that will help me feel like we're getting back to normal. Peace to you.

Bethany

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Bethany I can feel your pain and I'm so sorry Ella has been so sick. It is a hard job raising a toddler and then when they don't feel good AND don't sleep, it's miserable. Glad the chest x-ray and blood work came back good. Hopefully this new antibiotic will get rid of whatever the problem is. Allie's on one herself right now to try to get rid of her double ear infection that the last antibiotic didn't get rid of. She's getting tubes in her ears and adenoids out on Monday to hopefully put an end to her frequent ear infections. Wish I was in Sheridan so I could watch Ella for you to give you a much needed and much deserved break. Take care and do what you can to keep yourself healthy!

Lynn said...

I'm in the same boat over here! Mallory has been sick for... actually I don't even know the last time she was healthy. I'm chasing down yet another runny nose and she is coughing still. (I think it has been a month & half) I've had her to the Dr. twice and they tell me her breathing is fine and they can just pick one right up after the other. Ick! Mallory had a week of getting up... no naps for me either as I have to work!! You are not alone in this icky season!

C. M. said...

I remember us going through the same thing with Nathan last year. He'd get sick, be fine for a few days, and then be right back where he was. I think he had three ear infections in a row? Ugh - I've blocked most of it out!
I completely understand how you feel and I really hope everything clears up with the new antibiotics. Hugs and wishes for lots of sleep for you!!

arturlington said...

You all are in my prayers. Know that I'm here (and willing to skip out on work as usually- to watch Ella of course!!)

MacKender 4 said...

Hope all is going to get better for you all really soon! I have felt like you before. It feels like they are never going to be well and you just long for sleep and a healthy child! I have two little ones who like to take turns passing things back and fourth...over and over again. It is rough!
I will say a little prayer for you and Ella and am sending get well vibes to you. Hope all is back on track soon! This has been a long Winter so far...Spring will be here before you know it! :)